November 4th – 8th
--Fifth Grade Reading---Novel Study- Holes- November 4th - 8th
Homework will be to study your spelling words and write your vocabulary words in a sentence by Wednesday. Also, make it a habit to read your AR book daily. The AR deadline is December 18, 2019.
defiance– when someone or a group openly challenges authority.
concoctions– curious mixtures of things like a bunch of liquids.
recede– to pull back, retreat, or become faint or distant.
systematic– something that is carefully planned.
precipice– the edge of a steep cliff.
increments– small amounts
dread- the fear of something bad happening.
humid– when there is a lot of moisture in the air.
delirious— when ones becomes incoherent.
paranoid- heavily influenced by anxiety or fear.
Spelling Words Bonus Words
1. delirious 8. spew 15. vile 21. comprehend
2. dab 9. gully 16. rummage 22. grotesque
3. flurry 10. parched 17. drought 23. quivering
4. pry 11. remedy 18. lapped 24. ventilation
5. encounter 12. concoction 19. mirage 25. precipice
6. incurable 13. despair 20. protruding
7. afflict 14. sparingly
Please make sure your child understands the importance of completing homework. Zeros due to lack of completing homework will affect their grade.