Story of the week: The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=667WQz6CxDk&t=43s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0dUJxjlZR0
Game – https://sulphurps.gabbarthost.com/356096_4
What is genre? Who is the author & illustrator?
- satisfied – filled with contenment
- praise – an expression of approval and commendation
- crushed – broken into tiny pieces
- tool – an instrument used to perform a task or job
- vision – the abillity to see
- strength – being physically or mentally powerful
- deeds – something that is done, performed or accomplished
- meadow – a field where grass or flowers are grown
- tribe – a group of people who live together
- skin – a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch
- brilliant – full of light, shining intensely
Journal Questions Monday-Thursday:
- Little Gopher had a talent of making toys out of leather and wood. Write about a talent you have.
- Little Gopher painted many pictures. Write about something you have painted before and paint a picture.
- Little Gopher was never satisfied with his paintings. Write about a time you weren’t satisfied with your work.
- Little Gopher never gave up trying to paint the sunset. Write about a time you never gave up.
Grammar: Please complete the grammar pages in the readers notebook, 129, 131, 137, 138 and 140.
Extra practice – https://www.abcya.com/grades/2
Math: Please spend at least 45 minutes weekly on Happy Numbers, this is a great way for your child to stay caught up for third grade. https://happynumbers.com/
The weekly math lessons are under the weekly newsletter tab, https://sulphurps.gabbarthost.com/342358_4
Subtraction Rap – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvsEbrWV00E
Fun Activities – Go on a nature hunt for Indian Paintbrushes, look at the sunset, draw a picture of a sunset, or paint a rock. If you would like to please email a picture of what you found or drew, or painted.