Reading Comprehension: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uoudUp1Zk
Monday: listen and discuss “Amazing Animals”
questions to ask:
How do animals stay safe?
How does a dolphin use its tail?
Why do some animals have spots or stripes?
Tuesday-Friday: additonal activities
- talk about characters, setting, and plot
- retell beginning, middle, and end
- draw a picture and label one or more of the animals from the story
- find nouns, verbs, and adjectives in the story
- listen to The Ugly Duckling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6YYzmkBMs
Review R- controlled vowels from last week.
This week, please, review short and long vowel sounds.
Ask your child what SHORT a,e,i,o, & u says.
Ask your child what LONG a,e,i,o, & u says. (long vowels say the letter name)
learning, begins, until, eight, young, follow, years, baby
Please choose 3 of these activities to do with the weekly sight words listed above.
- rainbow write
- use a word in a sentence
- write in alphabetical order
- make flashcards to practice with
- write with sidewalk chalk
The concept for this week is: time.
Please view these videos with your child.
- make and label a clock on a paper plate
- write out a daily schedule with times to the hour
- watch the clock and for each hour do that many jumping jacks, push ups, or exercise of your choice
- There are worksheets under the “Math Worksheets” Tab if you want to view and discuss with your child.
Art & additional activities: