* A language-proccessing disorder that also impacts directionality and the ability to memorize random facts. Dyslexia is inherited. Warning signs of dyslexia start to appear as early as age 1.
* It is NOT rare. It affects 20% of our population, which is 1 out of 5. Some have it mildly, others have it severely. It is the most common reason a child will struggle with spelling, writing, and eventually reading.
* It is characterized by difficulties with accurate and/or fluent word recognition, and by poor spelling and decoding abilities.
* Children with dyslexia CAN read, but they have to use different strategies. There are programs that WORK.
* Talk to your child’s teacher if you suspect your child may have dyslexia.